Women of Color Advancement Grants
Women of Color Advancement Grants are designed to facilitate professional development, career mobility, and networking activities of women of color faculty, staff, and graduate students. Faculty and staff who have been continuously employed at Ohio State for at least one year and full-time graduate students are eligible to apply for a Women of Color Advancement Grant. Grants up to $1,000 will be made.
This grant may be used for:
- Participation and/or presentation at professional conferences, seminars, or workshops
- Materials, equipment, supplies, or other expenses directly related to career or professional development
- Developing articles or books for publication
- Networking or mentoring activities
Selection Criteria and Requirements
- Preference is given to individuals with acute financial need.
- Impact of participation on the candidate's individual development and her career or professional goals.
- Financial need, including effort to secure funding from other available sources. Funding not readily available through other sources at Ohio State. Efficient use of resources for the activity/event.
- Undergraduate students — 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA; graduate/professional students — 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA.
- Preference is given to individuals who have not previously received a CDW Professional Development Grant or CDW Reentry Scholarship.
- Funded events must occur between January 1 and June 30, 2017 (Thursday, September 22, 2016 application deadline) or between July 1 and December 31, 2017 (Thursday, March 30, 2017 application deadline). We adhere to these deadlines. No after-the-fact events will be funded.
- Note to students who receive financial aid: receiving this grant will result in a dollar-for-dollar reduction in your financial aid.
- Recipient’s fiscal department must agree to track all expenses, ensure compliance with grant restrictions and university rules and regulations, and disburse funds to recipient.
All grant funds must be managed by the fiscal officer within the unit/department of the grant recipient. After acceptance of the grant award, the recipient’s department must agree to track all expenses and ensure compliance with grant restrictions and university rules and regulations. Upon agreement to manage funds, a transfer of funds will be made for the full award amount at the beginning of the grant period to the recipient’s department. Only expenses incurred within the grant period are eligible, and a Final Budget Report must be submitted by the end of the grant period. If unused funds are remaining at the end of the grant period, the unused funds will revert back to the CDW program.
- Purchase of personal clothing, personal accessories, and alcohol are not allowed.
- Costs of child care cannot be covered.
- Meal costs are allowed for the recipient only (not per diem) and receipt must:
- Specify food and beverages ordered,
- Directly relate to project implementation, and
- Not exceed per diem travel guidelines for the university which can be found at: busfin.osu.edu/FileStore/PDFs/211_Travel.pdf
- Travel expenses must conform to university travel policies/guidelines, found on the web at: busfin.osu.edu/FileStore/PDFs/211_Travel.pdf
- For travel by car, keep a log of your travel destinations, odometer readings, and save your receipts for reimbursement. Specific mileage must be submitted for reimbursement to occur. We reimburse for cost of gasoline, not for mileage.
- All expenses must conform to university financial policies and guidelines, which can be found on the web at: http://busfin.osu.edu/policies/
- Only items included in the original application budget can be reimbursed.
Applications are due Thursday, September 22, 2016 (funded activity must occur between January 1 - June 30, 2017) and Thursday, March 30, 2017 (funded activity must occur between July 1 - December 31, 2017). We adhere to these deadlines. No after-the-fact events are funded.
Application Form for 2016-2017 Grants
Applications should be submitted via e-mail to:
Vicki Pitstick, firstname.lastname@example.org
Name your document using this format: Last name, First name.
Second Year Transformational Program
45 W 11th Ave
Columbus, OH 43210