Below is the leadership series for the Women of Color ERG, which is funded and directed by the Wexner Medical Center Diversity Council. If you would like to join the ERG or attend one of the sessions below, please contact: email@example.com. Contact the ERG at least a week before the session to receive the Zoom link and password or location.
Sessions will be in person and virtual.
Thursday, August 26, 2021; 3pm-5pm
• Welcome Back Social, Ackerman Shelter house
Thursday, September 9, 2021, Hispanic Heritage Month; Noon to 1:00pm
• Lilleana (Lilly) Cavanaugh, MBA, CPM; Executive Director, Ohio Latino Affairs Commission
Thursday, October 14, 2021, Noon to 1:00pm
• Monica Cox, PhD; Professor of Engineering Education
Thursday, November 18, 2021, Native American Heritage Month, Noon to 1:00pm
• Christine Ballengee Morris, PhD; Professor Arts Administration Education and Policy, Director, American Indian Studies
Thursday, January 13, 2022, Noon to 1:00pm
• Nicole K. Nieto, PhD Assistant Vice Provost, Outreach and Engagement, Office of Academic Affairs; Lecturer, Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies; College of Arts and Sciences
This conversation will focus on how to create networks of support as your grow your career and how it is important to be your own advocate as well.
Thursday, April 14, 2022, Financial Wellness Workshop with Dr. Laquore J. Meadows, Noon to 1:00pm
• From poverty to PhD, Dr. Laquore J. Meadows is a #1 Best Selling Author, visionary, dynamic leader and wealth builder, and the CEO and Co-Founder of Invest2Give. She began her stock trading career with the aspiration to normalize wealth among communities of color while creating a lasting educational and financial impact on the world.
Thursday, May 12, 2022, Asian Heritage Month, Noon to 1:00pm
• Jennifer Beard, Assistant Dean Strategic Initiatives Co-chair CPH Diversity Equity & Inclusive Excellence College of Public Health “The Art of Hosting”
Thursday, June 9, 2022, Juneteenth, Noon to 1:00pm
• Agenda TBD